Perhaps you are one of those people who do go to the dentist but really dread it. Visiting the dentist becomes such an unpleasant experience because your anxiety, fear and phobias are in control.
If you have a fear of the dentist you’ll probably avoid going until you really have to and by then it’s likely that the treatment will be more painful than if they had been on a regular basis for years.
So dental phobia actually results in more pain, and more work needing to be done on your teeth!
So why do patients avoid the Dentist
Well common reasons are:
- The dentist themselves
- Embarrassment. Perhaps you haven't been for a numbers of years, and you now feel embarrassed or ashamed about the condition of your teeth
- Loss of control. Feeling out of control is very common and it can be quite frightening especially if its related to previous dental treatment or other experiences in your life
- Fear of Pain
- Fear of needles and injections
- The dentists drill
- The sights, sounds and smells at the dentist's
- Fear it will go wrong
- Previously painful or negative experiences of dental procedures, which can even include negative comments made by a dentist or dental nurse during treatment
- Other sources include scary tales of dental visits learned from family and friends and a general fear of the unknown.
How can dental hypnosis help you?
The good news for you is that you (or anyone else you know) don't have to suffer in silence, or dread going to the dentist. Why? Well because:
- It can reduce or remove dental anxiety and panic
- It can help you overcome your fear
- It can help reduce your pain and any discomfort
- Reduce gag or chocking reflex
- It can control salivation
- Reduction in and control bleeding
- Used in combination with different forms of sedation
- Teach you to learn to relax and be comfortable in the dentist’s chair
Call me now on 07977 598 387 to book an appointment, or for a free confidential discussion to find out more. Perhaps you just need a few questions answered before you know what's right for you and whether i'm the right specialist to help you.